18 Aug, 2023 Hindi Classes
Everyone these days wants to read and write a second language. It can be both English and Hindi or some other combination of languages. When you know many languages, it allows us to communicate with different types of people and increases your cultural awareness.
Being India’s official language, Hindi has a tremendous impact on Western society. Even some Hindi words take place in spoken English today. Hindi is useful when you are traveling across India or want to improve your career prospects. In short, there are tonnes of reasons to learn Hindi.
Firstly, if you have an interest in Indian culture, understanding Hindi can help you gain a better understanding of Indian culture. Sure, India has a thriving film industry and a thriving economy. However, its true value lies in its history. The arts, music, and Hindi literature are abundant in the country. Hindi allows you to experience the history and culture of India. If you are planning to enroll in Hindi classes online, here are some reasons to choose these classes:
1. Iconic Language: With 615 million speakers worldwide, Hindi is the third most spoken language in the world. In India, there are approximately 500 thousand native speakers. If you decide to devote time and effort to learning Hindi, you will not be classified as a minority. The reason for such a huge number of speakers is that Hindi is important throughout the Southeast Asian regions.
2. Phonetic Language: Hindi is one of the phonetic languages, and as a result, it is easy to learn. The words are written in the same order the way they are spoken. Simply mastering the sound of each letter will allow you to read and spell any word you come across. It makes learning new terms easier, which helps build your vocabulary. As a result, the chances of getting the terms wrong are slim to none. Simply mastering the sound of each letter will allow you to read and spell any word you come across. It makes learning new terms easier, which helps build your vocabulary. As a result, the chances of getting the terms wrong are slim to none.
3. Urdu Connection: The Hindi language is comparable to Urdu and several other languages, making it a beneficial addition. Though it will not make you fluent in Urdu, you will understand the majority of what is spoken, breaking down the communication barrier. The issue is one of written language; Hindi is written in Devanagari script, while Urdu is written in Arabic script. You can enjoy a rich literary heritage in both of these languages.
4. Indian Market: India’s economy is the sixth-largest economy in the world. The Indian economy greatly influences the global economy. If you want to succeed in the Indian market, you should know Hindi. Most businesses in India do most of their dealings in Hindi and English.
5. Enjoy the Cinema: It’s a big resource for anyone who wants to learn Hindi. The Hindi film industry is the world’s largest, even surpassing Hollywood. They account for 40% of Indian box office revenue. Because most Bollywood films and songs are in Hindi, you’ll be entertained while learning the language. You can learn by watching or listening to them with subtitles.
After knowing these many benefits, if you want to start as soon as possible, Hindi material is out there online. You can find online communities to connect with like-minded Hindi speakers. If you need further help, you can enroll in an online course too.
Dr. Sonia Sharma takes In-person and online Hindi-English-speaking classes in New York. She runs a renowned academy for media appearances and virtual life coaching. Contact her for Hindi classes.